MOTORHOME HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only persons named on the insurance policy at time of hire may drive the vehicle.
- Drivers must be over the age of 23 and under 75 minus 1 day (24-74) and have held a valid driving license for at least two years. Age groups outside this bracket may be insured with an additional premium and will be down to our insurer’s discretion.
- Driving licenses with endorsements maybe subject to a surcharge and must be declared before hire.
- Driving license to be produced on collection of vehicle if not before.
- On collection of vehicle hirer will need to provide two items of proof of residential ID. 1 must be photo ID. Utility bill or bank statement & Passport or other photo ID.
- Drivers must be aged between 23 and 74 (see above) and must have held a full UK driving license for at least 2 years. Non-UK and EU residents should enquire prior to booking.
- Second drivers can be added to the insurance policy at an additional cost. Additional drivers can be added on request. Please confirm this at the time of booking.
- Fully comprehensive insurance is provided for the motorhome within the hire charge and for the hire period only. Driving outside this period of cover would deem to be an offence under the road traffic act. Furthermore, the hirer is entirely responsible for any accidental damage, injury and consequential loss after the expiry of the hire period.
- Personal effects and contents are NOT covered by our insurance. The hirer should cover such items separately and agrees to fully indemnify BA Motorhome Hire Ltd from any loss or damage.
- Any additional premium to our insurance cover as a result of driver convictions or accidents will be passed on at cost to the hirer and will need to be paid in full as part of the overall hire fee.
- Only the named insured drivers can drive the motorhome.
- The driver/s covered under the policy will be driving on a £1000 excess. We require payment in full of £1000 as a contribution towards the insurance excess along with any associated costs against the driver’s or hirer’s credit or debit card and in accepting these terms indicates authorisation to the Lessor to be able to follow this process. BA Motorhome Hire Ltd reserve the right to increase the security deposit to cover the full excess if increased by our insurer.
- In the event that any damage to the motorhome is not covered by our insurance for whatever reason then BA Motorhome Hire reserve the right to charge the repairs and any associated costs in full to the hirer.
- The refundable damage deposit of £1000 is payable before vehicle collection by Card. The damage deposit will be refunded on the satisfactory return of the vehicle, being on time and in the same condition as it was hired. Deductions will be taken from this deposit in respect of any damage, late returns and equipment replacements costs. The deposit is refunded within 48 hours of the return of the vehicle. Any deductions will be advised by email.
- It is advised that hirers take out separate personal accident / travel insurance when travelling.
- Any damage to tyres, windscreen and any theft or loss of personal effects is not covered by our insurance and shall be at your expense and if required in addition to the £1000 damage deposit
- BA Motorhome Hire Ltd must be notified if the hirer intends to leave England, Scotland or Wales in the motorhome. Failure to do so would invalidate your insurance cover and breach the terms of the hire agreement.
BOOKING & PAYMENT DETAILS
- Reservations can be made by booking on the website, telephone or by email but will only be held once a completed booking form has been completed / received with a deposit of 25% of the total trip cost which is non-refundable.
- Confirmation will be emailed after the deposit has been paid.
- Full payment is due 6 weeks before the collection of the vehicle. The £1000 security deposit is payable 2 days prior to collection to allow funds to clear.
- Payments of hire charges can be made by debit and/or credit card. No charge is made for payments by card. We are unable to accept payment by cheque or cash. We do not accept AMEX.
- All bookings made within 6 weeks of the hire commencement date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Late returns will be subject to a charge of £50.00 per hour.
- Unless expressly stated to the contrary all prices in these terms are inclusive of VAT at the current standard rate.
CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOW
- All cancellations must be in writing to BA Motorhome Hire Ltd but please call immediately to inform us.
- All deposits paid are non-refundable. All monies due and received within 6 weeks of the commencement of hire are non-refundable and you are still liable for any sums not yet paid.
- If you cancel with more than 6 weeks’ notice then the hire cost will be refunded less the deposit paid.
- No shows will forfeit the entire hire charge.
- BA Motorhome Hire Ltd reserves the right to cancel hire if at the commencement of hire the driver/s licenses are invalid or not according to the conditions set out. In these circumstances the total hire charge will be forfeited. Hirers are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
VEHICLE COLLECTION AND RETURN
- Vehicle hire is from Friday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed, and as arranged throughout the rest of the year and agreed in writing by way of a hire agreement.
- Collection and return times are as per your hire agreement. Failure to comply with these times will result in hirer being charged at the rate of £50 per hour during the first day until 1pm and then the standard day rate + £250 per day per 24 hours. Please give advance warning by telephone of any potential late return as your insurance cover may expire before your journey is complete.
- If for any reason you are unable to make the handover period at the start of the hire it may be necessary to arrange the handover and collection to a new time or day.
- Please ensure that we have received all the necessary paperwork from you before you come to collect the motorhome. These should include a copy of your photo driver’s license and 2 separate forms of identity such as a passport or utility bill for each driver. We also require access to the driver’s licence on the DVLA website. Details will be emailed prior to collection. Should we fail to receive these prior to collection of the motorhome we reserve the right not to release it to you.
- No refund is given for early return of the vehicle.
- On return of the vehicle all hirers are to ensure the vehicle is clean and tidy and the chemical toilet is emptied, clean and free from waste. Each carries an additional charge of £50 deductible from the security deposit.
- It is entirely the hirer’s responsibility to check that on collection the vehicle is free from damage and defects. Any damage will be agreed by the hire centre operator and hirer and recorded in writing before commencement of hire.
- It is the hirers responsibility to return the vehicle in the same condition as it was let to you with the toilet empty, the interior clean including all cooking appliances and fridge freezer.
- You may leave your car in our secure compound while you are away. All vehicles however are left entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise.
Whilst we endeavour to make every effort to ensure the vehicle is ready at the agreed time, circumstances may arise out of our control and we accept no liability other than the refund of the day or days lost. We will endeavour to inform you at the earliest opportunity of any potential delays.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the vehicle reserved is available, if the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative vehicle. Signing the Motor Vehicle Rental Agreement is deemed the commencement of the hire and acceptance of the vehicle supplied.
BREAKDOWNS AND ACCIDENTS
- If there is a breakdown or accident Fiat Camper assistance or appropriate Motorhome breakdown cover will be at your disposal 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- You are authorised to spend up to £50 on necessary repairs and we will reimburse you against a valid VAT receipt.
- Any repairs above £50 need to be authorised by a member of staff at BA Motorhome Hire Ltd.
- Any breakdown, malfunction or damage caused by the hirer’s negligence will be made good at your expense.
- Every effort is made to ensure the vehicle is in a roadworthy and safe condition before every hire. Therefore, BA Motorhome Hire Ltd dissolves any responsibility for hotel or any other consequential expenses subsequent to a breakdown.
- The maximum height, width and length of your vehicle is clearly stated on the dashboard or windscreen. Any damage is the responsibility of the hirer.
- IN THE EVENT OF LOSS OF KEYS PLEASE CALL BA MOTORHOME HIRE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE MOTORHOME USING FORCE OR BY CAUSING DAMAGE. A charge of £150 will be levied for the loss of any keys to the motorhome.
- No responsibility is accepted by BA Motorhome Hire Ltd for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any accident. In the event of an accident the hirer must not admit responsibility. The hirer should obtain the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. In additional the Hirer should make the motorhome secure, tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and contact BA Motorhome Hire Ltd immediately. The Hirer must also produce an accident report and send a copy to BA Motorhome Hire Ltd. We suggest you use a mobile phone or camera to photograph the accident, surrounding areas and anything that might prove useful after the accident.
- The Hirer is responsible for any damage to the windscreens and windows,
punctures or other damage to tyres during the hire period. Where possible damage should be repaired or replaced as appropriate and paid for by the hirer at the time. The Hirer should contact the Operator to seek instructions before carrying out the repair. Failing this, an amount will be deducted from the deposit against damages for the cost of the repairs.
FUEL, GAS AND WATER
- A full tank of diesel is supplied with the vehicle at the commencement of the hire and we expect and require the tank to be returned full. A £30.00 charge plus VAT will apply for any fuel shortage PLUS the amount needed to fill the tank. This will be taken from the deposit.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to check and maintain oil and water levels to vehicle specifications.
- Tyre pressures should also be checked prior to travel. Tyre pressures are illustrated on the vehicle.
- Two gas cylinders will be supplied at commencement of hire: at least one will be full. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check connection of new gas bottles for leaks when fitted.
- Any cylinders lost or incorrectly exchanged will be charged to the hirer.
- The hirer must ensure that all passengers must wear seatbelts provided.
- The hirer is responsible for all parking and / or motoring offences during the hire period. Any such fines / penalties incurred during your hire received by BA Motorhome Hire Ltd post hire will be invoiced to you plus a £30 admin fee.
- The hirer is liable for all damage to the vehicle including but not limited to
overhead, underside and exterior.
- The hirer must ensure the vehicle is not overloaded and carries only the correct number of passengers according to vehicle specifications.
- The hirer must not use the vehicle for hire or reward.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring the vehicle is locked and alarmed / security devices activated when left unattended. All windows and skylights should be closed and secured.
- The hirer will ensure all hatches and doors are securely fastened during transit.
- You must immediately advise BA Motorhome Hire ltd as soon as you become aware of any fault with, or damage caused to the motorhome.
- You may not use any fitted towbar to tow any trailer or vehicle without express permission prior to hire from BA Motorhome Hire Ltd. Should you wish to tow please advise us at the time of booking. Our team will need to confirm in writing as part of the contract that tow permission has been granted. We will require full detail of the item to be towed along with appropriate insurance cover for any vehicle including insurance cover whilst being towed.
- The Motorhome may not without the prior written consent of the Operator be taken outside of England, Wales or Scotland.
- The Motorhome must not be driven in a manner which would render void the policy of insurance, or in contravention of any Road traffic Act or Construction and Use Regulations, or by any person who is not licensed to drive the Motorhome or who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor must it be driven in the event of mechanical, electrical or structural failure if further damage might thereby be caused. The Motorhome must not be used for hire or reward, for any illegal purpose or for racing, pacemaking, testing the Motorhome’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive.
- It is a breach of this agreement for the Hirer to fail to return the Motorhome at the end of the rental period and the damages payable for such breach will be the rental charges that would be payable on the Owner’s current rates for the period until the Owner recovers the Motorhome or receives the full value thereof, together with any recover costs incurred by the Owner and any other costs incurred by the late return of the Motorhome. In addition, the Hirer shall full indemnify the Owner in respect of any claims for loss (including legal fees) brought against the Owner by any third parties arising out of or as a result of the Hirer’s failure to return the Motorhome at the end of the rental period.
- If the Hirer commits any breach of this agreement the Owner may treat the agreement as terminated and take possession of the Motorhome.
If the Hirer breaches any part of this agreement BA Motorhome Hire Ltd reserves the right to provide some or all of the information provided to it by the Hirer to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. The Owner may also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
1 small pet allowed, subject to a £50 surcharge.
BA Motorhome Hire Ltd operates a STRICT NO SMOKING policy in our motorhomes. Failure to comply with this will result in the loss of the hire deposit.
ENDING THE AGREEMENT